On Friday, May 1st, 2020 from 4 – 5:30 PM EST nearly 200 people registered to attend a timely virtual panel discussion in collaboration with Community Catalyst for Opportunities to Pivot: Advocating for Future Needs After COVID-19.
In the face of this crisis, what changes are being made that are useful, and how can we make those changes “stick”? And what is not being done that needs to addressed? The conversation explored the shifts being made and ongoing challenges in the context of COVID-19, relating explicitly to accessing housing and healthcare (including Medication-Assisted Treatment); shifts to harm reduction practices; decarceration; shifting towards telehealth; and more.
Lorenzo Jones, Co-Founder and Co-Executive Director, Katal Center for Equity, Health, and Justice
Alexis Major, Senior State Advocacy Manager, Community Catalyst
- Tracie Gardner, Legal Action Center
- Malika Lamont, WA State LEAD Expansion Team, VOCAL WA
- Alice Dembner, Community Catalyst
- Sean Fogler, PA Harm Reduction Coalition
- Shelly Moeller, LEAD Technical Assistance
- Devin Reaves, PA Harm Reduction Coalition.